Mr. Cernyar and his firm did an outstanding job with understanding and handling my case. I'm a veteran of the US Marines of 8 years, and didn't discover that I had a warrant up until a month or so ago. The experience was so stressful for me and my family because we had nowhere else to turn, and was running out of cash very quickly. From the initial consultation on the phone, Mr. Cernyar put me at ease that the situation could be taken care of. Within a day or so he sent me the retainer agreement which explained his fees and payment options. Let me just say that I'm not an educated man, but I do know how to treat people, and I know when someone has a good heart. I would like to personally thank Mr. Cernyar for communicating with me constantly during the process, and for responding to my emails and/or phone calls in a very timely fashion. Thank you!!!! - TJ
Mr. Cernyar was very friendly and complied with his commitments in this case and I would recommend him to friends and relatives. - Robert G.
MICHAEL K. CERNYAR
When It Absolutely, Positively Has To Be The Best Result
Because Sometimes Good People Get Into Bad Situations
Call 800-409-7010 For A Free Consultation And Sleep Better Tonight!
CRIMINAL PRACTICE AREAS
Michael Cernyar has considerable experience in successfully defending individuals and companies accused of a wide range of criminal acts. As examples, he has handled multiple cases involving allegations of the following:
- The most common offenses such as misdemeanors, DUI, domestic violence, identity theft, petty theft & burglary
- Economic offenses such as health care fraud, mail or wire fraud, financial fraud, trafficking, gambling, theft, burglary, robbery, and embezzlement
- Intellectual property offenses such as pirating, Warez, Business Software Alliance allegations, copyright & trademark infringement
- Fraud offenses such as real estate fraud, bank fraud, tax fraud, financial fraud, health care fraud, computer fraud insurance fraud & Internet fraud
- Representing victims of domestic violence and child molestation.
- Digital evidence offenses such as computer crimes, cyber stalking, cyber harassment, revenge porn, hacking, spoofing & unauthorized access
- Scientific evidence offenses involving DNA, digital evidence, DUI blood results, fingerprints, forensics, computer forensics, network forensics & Internet forensics
- Immigration offenses
- Tax offenses
- Offenses involving the administration of justice such as obstruction of justice and witness tampering
- Offenses involving securities violations, accounting misconduct, and financial fraud
- Offenses involving RICO, conspiracy, criminal enterprises, and other allegations of racketeering
- Work place offenses including wage and hour violations, work conditions, allegations of peonage, involuntary servitude, and slavery
- Violent offenses such as homicide, rape, assault, and arson
- Narcotics offenses
- In 2014, received Top Lawyers in California award recognized as the Highest in Ethical Standards and Professional Excellence.
- In 2013, received Top Lawyers in California award recognized as the Highest in Ethical Standards and Professional Excellence.
- In 2013, received the distinguished Avvo's Client's Choice award.
- Perfect AVVO rating of 10.0 (Superb Ranking).
- In 2008, nominated as Long Beach's best criminal defense lawyer.
- In 2005, nominated by The Cochran Firm as their best criminal defense lawyer.
- Member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, "Real Lawyers, Real Defenses."
- More than 10 years of experience.
- Never a prosecutor, always a defender starting with a member of the Federal Public Defenders Indigant Panel in Los Angeles.
- Mr. Cernyar handles every case and treats each case as if its his own
- Our caseload is selective. We do no run a client mill -- your case is important to us hence we limit our caseload so that every client receives priority attention
- Mr. Cernyar and his staff promptly returns your phone calls
- We treat our clients with respect
- Mr. Cernyar learned how to fight growing up on the southside of Chicago and he will FIGHT FOR YOU!!!
- Mr. Cernyar is a hard working individual who as a high school sophomore would work the swing shift at a local factory on the southside of Chicago; sometimes pulling two shifts before returning to school the same morning
- As a high school senior he worked at a steel mill after school, putting in a minimum 40 hours a week while in school and still was academically ranked in the top 10% in the country
- Mr. Cernyar paid his own way through Purdue University
- He attended the evening program at Loyola Law School, while being employed full time at Paramount Studios
- Mr. Cernyar realizes how difficult it is to earn a dollar in today's economy so he doesn't charge Beverly Hills rates
- A member of the Robert Blake defense team, in which Mr. Blake was acquitted of murder.
- Successfully defended Charles Blinkenberg, who stabbed his wife more than 30 times and admitted such on the stand. Hung Santa Ana jury with nine jurors voting "not guilty."
- Lead defense attorney in the Malibu murder matter (Airport Courthouse) in which murder charges were dismissed at the preliminary hearing.
- Had all charges dismissed in Malibu court for a client who was wrongfully accused of cyberstalking and harassment.
- 3rd striker and felon with a gun -- worked out a deal for straight probation in Merced County.
- Successfully defended medical marijuana client in Bellflower courthouse in which all charges were dropped at the preliminary hearing.
- Had all computer charges dismissed in preliminary hearing for client in Westminster.
- Had all witness tampering charges dismissed in preliminary hearing at the Long Beach Courthouse.
- Domestic Violence case in Long Beach Courthouse -- case dismissed over prosecutor's objection.
- Free Consultation
- Validate Parking
- Felonies start at $3,499 through preliminary phase; trial phase varies.
- Expungements start at $999.
- Many misdemeanors range from $2,499 to $5,999.
- Prefiling fees start at $2,000.
- Accepts VISA, MASTERCARD & DISCOVERY
- Payment Plans
If you are wrongfully accused, then you may find that you are stymied by a system that would preferably convict the wrongfully accused than admit a mistake. You may be entirely innocent. Or maybe you are not entirely innocent, but are accused with serious violations you did not commit. Every case has flaws. Michael Cernyar has the wisdom to discover and exploit the serious and significant flaws in your case so that he can defend you and your Rights during this troubling period in your life.
Michael Cernyar believes in winning. When results matter – you will want the intensity and the experience Michael K. Cernyar brings to your case. Trust the experience and proven results of one of the finest criminal defense lawyers in California.
Legal Eagle Reputation
Our clients believe we are the best. Michael K. Cernyar has received recognition for his efforts on behalf of his clients. When Michael was with the Cochran Firm and he was nominated as their best criminal defense lawyer in 2005. He was a member of the Robert Blake defense team. Michael was recently nominated as Long Beach's Best Criminal Defense Attorney. Other's consider Michael Cernyar as one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the nation.
Legal Beagle Work Effort
Michael K. Cernyar is known as a skillful and clever attorney. He will trail and track each fact in your case in search of mistakes. Michael is known to discover the mistakes and exploit them to his client's advantage.
HOW ARE WE DIFFERENT?
For starters, our caseload is low compared to other attorneys so our focus is on obtaining great results for the few clients we do have. Many of our clients are referrals from past clients. You have never seen an ad or a listing for our firm in the Yellow Pages. We don't send flyer's to people's homes. We won't accept court appointed cases. And yet in our opinon, we maintain the best looking offices in all of Los Angeles. When our clients step into our offices they realize that they are with a successful law practice.
Many times an individual is charged with a crime and is no where near the victim. The defendant can't prove it. He or she has no other apparent alibi. But, wait -- many of today's cell phones contain gps data. The data on the cell phone may be their alibi. At our firm we offer cell phone analysis to assist our clients in their defense.
Far too often other firms will have you initially meet with a senior attorney and then hand you off to a junior attorney once you sign with them. Michael is the senior attorney and will be handling your matter from start to finish because he feels you are too important to pass your case off as a learning experience to a younger attorney. Moreover, Michael realizes you want someone with experience who has seen cases like yours before.
Finally, we will never ask you how many lawyers you have visited or the names of the attorneys you have visited. Frankly, its none of our business. Further, we don't care whom you met with because if you were impressed with them you wouldn't be calling us. We are only concern about you and your results. Our satisfaction is driven by what we can accomplish for you. We could care less about other attorneys. Our only focus is on our clients, not some other law firm.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT A FREE CONSULTATION
A free consultation is not an opportunity to bad mouth other attorneys. I let my experience do the talking. The free consultation should be about you and your case. We will discuss what to expect, how the process works, the various judges and what to expect from them, the various prosecutors and how each one is different, worst case scenarios, best case scenarios, strategies and other factors. The purpose of a free consultation is to provide confidence that 1) the attorney has a personality that you can work with, and 2) the attorney is more than capable in handling your situation.
HOW DOES A MISDEMEANOR AND A FELONY DIFFER?
A misdemeanor refers to criminal activity that is punisable by one year or less in the local jail and/or a maximum fine of $1,000. A felony refers to criminal activity that is punishable by more than one year in the prison system and/or a fine of a maximum of $10,000. A wobbler refers to criminal activity that is charged as a felony, but has a possibility of being reduced to a misdemeanor. In matters involving a wobbler, many times a reputable lawyer can either have the felony reduced to a misdemeanor or in the alternative have the felony appear to be a misdemeanor so that the felony can be expunged at a later date, which is good strategy since the typical felony cannot be expunged.
WHAT IS AN EXPUNGEMENT?
An expungement is the process of filing a motion with the court to request to seal a prior misdemeanor conviction. It is important to remember that an expungement does NOT remove the prior conviction permanently. Law enforcement, i.e. the police, FBI, immigration officers, and other public officials may still see sealed court files for certain purposes. Typically, people ask for an expungement for employment purposes, or when they want to apply to a college, or were denied housing, or were denied a professional license because of their criminal background.
HOW IS THE LONG BEACH COURTHOUSE DIFFERENT THAN OTHER COURTHOUSES?
If there are allegations that you committed a crime in Long Beach, San Pedro, Wilmington or the unincorporated area of Torrance, it is likely that your matter will be heard in the Long Beach courthouse. The Long Beach courthouse is one of the more conservative courthouses in the area. It is likely that you will be serving hard jail time if convicted. Recently a young man charged with drunk in public was sentenced to 60 days in jail and a court order that bars him from traveling to certain parts of Long Beach. Long Beach is a tough court.
If you retain a Long Beach criminal attorney who knows the courthouse well, then there is a better chance to have your case dismissed or a sentence reduced to no jail time. Many Long Beach criminal attorneys provide free consultation so meeting with a respectable Long Beach criminal lawyer is likely to improve your opportunity for a dismissal or a reduced sentence which will affect your present and future quality of life. A defendant in the courthouse needs the expertise of a strong Long Beach criminal attorney.
Your Long Beach criminal attorney should be experienced in criminal law and cognizant not only of the law, but also the personalities and individuals involved in their local cases. It may be extremely helpful when your lawyer is known and respected in the local courts by judges and prosecutors, which may make the difference between dismissal, jail time and acquittal.
WHERE IS THE COURTHOUSE?
The Long Beach courthouse is located at 415 West Ocean Boulevard, on the corner of Magnolia and Ocean in Long Beach, California.
Our offices are located one block west of the courthouse in the Union Bank Building. The address to our office is:
400 Oceangate, Eighth Floor, Long Beach, California 90802.
Do you need an attorney who will fight tooth and nail, clawing to get the result you desire? Someone who takes on a case as though he's representing himself? An attorney that looks for and exploits the mistakes made during the investigation and/or prosecution of the case? We are that firm.